Accurate, timely insight into service delivery and quick identification of problems speeds identification of the source of a service-impacting event from hours to minutes, and helps consolidated IT operations teams to provide service assurance to the business for availability and delivery of critical applications and services.
A further OEM for MPLS Manager provides a comprehensive management solution that helps to ensure the availability of core multiprotocol label switching (MPLS)-based networks and the advanced services that these networks deliver in a cloud computing environment. With MPLS Manager, ECBFI clients and organizations can easily see relationships among virtual data center infrastructure elements and key business applications and services, understand how the MPLS environment relates to the rest of the underlying network infrastructure, and gain control and visibility in the cloud. These capabilities make it easier to increase the availability of critical MPLS-based business services and the infrastructure that keeps them up and running.Better availability and performance of MPLS environments helps to improve customer satisfaction and ensures that service-level agreements (SLAs) are met.
By supporting multivendor MPLS environments—such as devices from Cisco Systems, Huawei, and Juniper Networks—and quickly and automatically determining the root cause and business impact of infrastructure problems, IT organizations save time, increase operational efficiency, reduce costs, provide service assurance, and can spend more time improving existing MPLS-based services and enabling new business opportunities. MPLS Manager automatically discovers and understands logical and physical relationships in MPLS and related domains including labeled switch paths (LSPs), Layer 2 and Layer 3 virtual private networks (VPNs), VPN-MPLS connectivity, VPN routing and forwarding services, LSP segments and Metro Ethernet environments.
1. Problem Detection: Trend analysis helps in giving a proactive approach to the Problem Management by which you can avoid the occurrence of the problem earlier rather than resolving the problem at a later stage.
The reports in a software called ServiceDesk Plus gives you information on identifying the real causes of Incidents created earlier and what should be identified as a problem. Get the pattern of failure from an Item based reports (Report on Request by Item and Report on Problems by Item) and identify the IT service which has to be improved.
2. Problem Logging: The Problem logging is critical as all the necessary information and conclusion from the incident has to be captured while creating the Problem. Create a problem from the Incidents maintaining the complete association and the information from it.
Avoid duplicates by searching for similar existing problems before the creation of a new Problem.
3. Categorization: Problem categorization is very essential to avoid ambiguities. ServiceDesk Plus helps in applying the incident categorization automatically to a Problem when it is created and this helps in keeping the Problem technicians in the same level of understanding as the Incident technicians. When the number of incidents raised is more, it might be a painful task to search these incidents and associate to the Problem.The categorization makes it simpler to search the incidents and associate these with the Problem.
4. Prioritization. Focus on the business critical problems based on the problem prioritization. Problem prioritization helps technicians to identify critical problems that need to be addressed. Impact and Urgency associated with a problem decides which problems need to be addressed first. When a problem is created from an incident, the impact, urgency and priority values get assigned from it automatically and reduce the task of prioritizing the problem for technicians.
5. Investigation and Diagnosis: Problem investigation results in getting at the root cause of the problem and initiating actions to resume the failed service. Analyze the impact, root cause and symptoms of the problem to provide a problem resolution. Make an announcement with the problem symptoms to avoid the creation of multiple incidents.